Gourmet gift baskets are ideal for any occasion: birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, graduations, etc. They are filled with goodies such as chocolate and fruit. The baskets themselves can have a nice design.
Everybody enjoys gourmet food, so you can’t go wrong with this gift. The price varies considerably, depending on the size, type of food, and quality of the food.
Here are some tips for choosing gourmet gift baskets:
- One of the most important considerations is the dietary needs of your recipient. Do they have health concerns such as diabetes? Are they strictly vegetarian? Would they prefer white chocolate over dark chocolate? Are they on a low-sodium diet? The great thing about gourmet food is that there is such a wide selection of it.
- Do you want to make them a basket yourself or buy a pre-made one? Some gift companies will let you put together your own basket by choose from a variety of foods. You can choose from a number of soups, snacks, veggies, fruits, and candies.
- If the recipient lives some distance away from you, then you might want to go with non-perishable items – especially if you’re unsure whether or not they will be able to put the food in a refrigerator as soon as they receive the basket. It will just be a waste of money (and food) if the items are ruined.
- Get creative. There’s no rule that says gourmet gifts have to actually be placed in “baskets”. They can be placed in boxes, on platters, etc. There are also gift towers to consider, which include multiple boxes placed on top of one another.
- Speaking of towers, you should think about the size of the gift. If it’s only for one person, you can get away with a small basket or box. If it’s for a couple, you should make sure there are enough snacks for two people.
- If budget is a concern, you’ll need to be on the lookout for sales. It’s better to wait for quality gourmet gift baskets to go on sale rather than just buying cheap ones. You’ll get what you pay for, so you don’t want to risk buying a cheap basket filled with stale food. Also, be sure to get a basket that is put together beautifully. Whether it’s an actual basket, platter, box, or series of boxes, everything should look nice, neat, and organized.
As long as you keep these pointers in mind, you should be able to get some good gourmet gift baskets. Just make sure you order from a company that is well-known for its excellent customer service.
Harry & David offer the best gourmet gift baskets money can buy. These baskets are filled with quality gourmet food. There are a number of baskets available. You’ll also have the option to create your own basket by choosing spices, soups, cookies, and other great items.
To find out more about Harry & David’s gift baskets, discounts, and other offers, visit George’s website – http://www.gripbuy.com/FoodDrink/harry-david.html