Most company owners may be wondering, why do I need to give my employees gifts, don’t I pay them for their services? This may be the thoughts of most company owners. Employees make about 90% of the total workforce of any company and so they are a very important part of a company.
Without employees in a company that company will not achieve its potentials because the workforce is very limited. The services and input of your employees towards the growth of your company shouldn’t be overlooked simply because you pay them as the company owner or the boss.
Employees are very vital towards the growth of a company. They work day-to-day to make sure the company advances and increase in revenue either directly or indirectly. It is of necessity to always appreciate your employees at any given point in time. This is why as a company owner, it is important to give your employees Corporate gifts from time to time and also during special occasions.
Why it is Important
- It is a form of Appreciation – As a company owner or a boss, there is a need for you to always appreciate your employees for their services towards the advancement of your company. Even in the circular world, everybody likes been appreciated for their efforts and when they’re appreciated they put in more efforts. This also applies to the corporate world, when employees are appreciated for their effort, they will be happy that their efforts are been recognized and also put in more efforts or even double their efforts.
- It builds a strong Relationship between Company and Employees – Building a strong relationship with your employees is very important if you want your company to grow and achieve its potentials. Employees consist of different people from different background and so they all don’t have the same mentality of working for another person with an open mind, and so to create a bond of trust in them, it is important to give them gifts mostly when they’re celebrating important events like birthdays, marriage anniversary, or festive periods. Doing this will create a bond of friendship and trust which will invariably make them work for the company with an open mind.
- Motivation – If as a company you are seeking for a way to motivate your employee to work harder, corporate gifting is an easy way of doing that. Most successful companies have discovered that giving their employees gifts is an easy way to motivate them and so they do it at every giving opportunity. Studies have shown the company that gives their employees corporate gifts are always more successful than companies that do not give.
- It is a form of Encouragement – Most people work for a company not because they’re happy working but because they need the money to pay the bills. Giving your employees gifts as little as it is can create a big sense of encouragement to them. They will feel happy that the company recognizes them and they will be encouraged. Studies have shown that most employees that stay for many years working for a particular company don’t do so because of the salary they’re paid, but because of the recognition they are given by the company.
- It is an effective way of Marketing – Corporate gifting is an effective way of marketing or publicizing a company’s name, brand or products. Most companies have a lot of employees coming from different locations across the country, so it is a cheap way for them to market the company to their family members or friends. This also reduces the workload for the marketing department of a company because the marketing job is now a collective effort done by all the employees.
Types of Corporate Gifts There are many different types of gifts suitable for corporate gifting. Corporate gifts are generally not expensive gifts but because some companies have a lot of employees they buy in large quantities. Corporate gifting is not about the expensive nature of the gift but it is the intention of the gift.
- Corporate Books – Corporate books are among the most common gift items companies give to their employees. Books are needed by everybody to write something at any given point in time. Employees appreciate this even though it is not expensive. Books can be used in the office, school, home, religious gathering, or any other places to write down events or take notes. It is an ideal gift item to give your employees.
- Corporate Pens – Corporate pens are also ideal gift items company’s gives to their employees. Your employees will surely appreciate a nice looking pen as a gift. The best part of this is that pen is an item that can be used at anywhere at any given time. It is easy to move about. It is one of the most important items used in the corporate world and this makes it an ideal gift item for employees.
- Corporate Umbrellas – Most companies give their employees umbrellas as gifts. Umbrellas are used to shield against rain and hot sunny weather. It is best to get umbrellas that are foldable and easy to carry about. It is a gift item that is suitable for corporate gifting.
- Corporate Sticky Pads – Corporate sticky pads may be very cheap but it is an ideal gift item to give to employees. Sticky pads are used to keep important dates and information so that you don’t forget. Sticky pads are important for employees because it is expected not to forget important dates or assignments your boss gave you. Write down those important dates or appointment and stick it on your desk or wall close to you so that you can always see it.
- Corporate Lanyards – Corporate Lanyards are also ideal gift items for employees. It is used by employees to hold their ID cards or flash drives.
Giving your employees gifts is not only necessary but it is also very important. As a company that wants to grow and take full advantage of the knowledge and skills embedded in each and every one of your employees, it is advised to use this easy but effective means of giving gifts to your employees.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Vinod_Vullikanti/128573
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9844027