Most professionals, executives, business owners, office workers, e.t.c, have embarked on travel from one country to another for business transactions, meetings, seminars, workshops, and other business-related functions at one time or the other. As they embark on their different journeys from country to country, their phones, laptops and other electronic gadgets are always with them to keep in contact with business partners and get up-to-date with work.
Phones, laptops are also essential gadgets are a must-pack when embarking on business journeys. There is nothing more frightening than seeing your phone or laptop with a low battery and about to go off when you have important business phone calls to make, you want to navigate your destination with Google Map or have other very important things that you need to do with your phone. This is why a Travel Adapter is a must use when you want to embark on a journey.
What is a Travel Adapter
A travel Adapter is not an electrical converter; it is a connector that allows electrical devices of different plug shapes to be used in different countries. It simply connects different plug shapes to the wall outlet of different countries. This means that with this, you can plug in electrical devices with different plug shapes into the wall outlet of another country.
Different countries and regions have different wall outlets and plug types, which is why a travel adapter is recommended to take along with you whenever you are embarking on a journey to another country. Some of them also have USB Ports where you can charge your phones, tablets and some other USB enabled devices.
Why Travel Adapters are Ideal Corporate Gifts
Company owners, business owners, executives, and other professionals travel most times from one country to another. They need to charge and plug in their different electronic devices and because of this reason, they are ideal corporate gifts that companies and businesses can give out as gift items.
Travel adapters come in different shapes and colors, hence it is best you get the ones that have plug sockets that are compatible with your different electronic devices. Different countries and continents have different plug types such as A, B, C, D, and so on. For example, America has plug type A, Canada has plug type A, European countries have plug type C.
Customized Travel Adapters
Adapters can be customized to suit your needs and make it look different from the other adapters around. This is to give it a unique look and to personalize it for your personal use and satisfaction.
Assuming you have two phones and two tablets that you need to charge at the same time, there are customizable adapters that perfectly suit your need. These are adapters that allow you to simultaneously charge your two phones, two tablets, and other electronic devices at the same time. Charging all your devices at the same time may reduce the distribution of electrical power to each device which will prolong the charging time.
Benefits of using Customized Travel Adapters
1. To charge your phones while traveling – Allows you to charge your phones while traveling regardless of the country you are traveling to. You do not need to worry about whether the wall outlet in the country you are traveling to will be compatible with the country you are coming from. With a customized travel adapter, you can charge your different phones all at the same time thereby saving time.
2. To charge your Laptop while traveling – Allow you to charge your laptop in any country you may be traveling to. A laptop is one of the most important belongings a business man or an executive will be traveling with because he needs to always be up-to-date with work. So using a customized travel adapter will give you an assurance that you will not have to lose track of work due to low battery of your laptop.
3. To charge your Tablets – Apart from charging your phones and laptop, you can as well charge your tablets too. There are many outlets where you can plug in your tablets along with your phones and laptop.
4. To power Electric Shavers – As a businessman going on a business trip that will take weeks, an electric shaver is one personal belonging you shouldn’t forget to take with you. This is where a customized travel adapter is of great importance because you will need to power your electric shaver or charge it when needed. Regardless of the country, you are travelling to, a customized travel adapter is what you should take along with you to enable you power or charge your electric shaver.
5. To charge Digital Cameras – As a tourist going on a vacation or a businessman going to a business seminar, a digital camera is what you should take along with you to capture every moment. You also need a customized travel adapter to enable you to charge or power your digital camera when needed. With a travel adapter you can charge your digital camera in any of the countries you will be traveling to.
Things to take note of
A Travel Adapter is not a converter or a transformer, hence there are two important things that you need to take note of when traveling to other countries so you don’t end up destroying your phones and other devices. These two important things you should take note of include;
1. Current – The two major standards for electric current are Direct current (DC) and Alternating Current (AC). Some countries use DC while some other countries use AC, hence you need to check that your devices are compatible with the electrical current of the countries you will be visiting so as to avoid any damage.
2. Voltage – There are several different standards of electric voltage for different countries. The most common are USA voltage standard of 110/120V and European countries of 220/240V. So check which voltage your devices are compatible with so as to avoid damaging your devices.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Vinod_Vullikanti/128573